ApeSwap Governance Round II

Introducing Governance Props 4–9 🐵

3 min readAug 13, 2021

Is that a GNANA in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? 🍌 Either way, get ready for ApeSwap Governance Round II! 🐵

The Proposal Details

We hope you’ve had some time to load up on GNANA, because this next round of Governance votes are action-packed! 🔥

Below is a TLDR of the 6 upcoming ApeSwap governance proposals. If you’d like to read more about any given proposal, please check the ApeSwap Governance Platform for an in-depth breakdown.

Proposal 4: Polygon $BANANA Emissions

As we originally announced in the ApeSwap Polygon Migration article, we currently allocate 1 BANANA per block (out of a total of 11) to Polygon for farming rewards. In this proposal, we are proposing increasing the Polygon allocation.

Options are as follows:

  1. Option 1: No Change
  2. Option 2: 1 Additional $BANANA per Block (2 / Block Total)

Proposal 5: Increase GNANA → BANANA Pool Rewards

Currently, ApeSwap allocates 75,000 BANANA on a monthly basis to the GNANA staking pool which rewards BANANA. Due to the increasing demand for GNANA, we are proposing to increase the emissions of the pool to better reward GNANA stakers.

Options are as follows:

  1. Option 1: No Change
  2. Option 2: Increase Allocation for GNANA → BANANA Pool

Proposal 6: Creation of ApeSwap BANANA Treasury

Since the inception of ApeSwap, our team has always taken pride in the level of decentralization we’ve been able to achieve so early on. While this is advantageous from a distribution standpoint, it does provide some inconveniences for the long-term goals of ApeSwap. As a result, ApeSwap is proposing to perform a one-time action in order to build a BANANA Treasury. This BANANA Treasury would have very clear restrictions on what it can and cannot be used for.

Options are as follows:

  1. Option 1: Do Not Build BANANA Treasury
  2. Option 2: Build BANANA Treasury via GNANA Pool Reflect Fee

Proposal 7: Implementation of Burning Pools

Currently, all of ApeSwap’s staking pool implementations are designed so that users may withdraw the amount staked at any time. In an effort to increase the burn rate of BANANA and introduce new burning mechanisms, ApeSwap is considering the addition of a special series of high-value pools which would burn any tokens staked, called “Burning Pools”.

Options are as follows:

  1. Option 1: Implement Burning Pools
  2. Option 2: Do not Implement Burning Pools

Proposal 8: Burning Vault Allocation

Currently, ApeSwap utilizes 60% of our DEX fees to perform buybacks and burns (with the remaining 40% going to the ApeSwap Treasury for the long-term sustainability of ApeSwap). This proposal intends to explore the option of using a portion of the buyback and burn fees for a continuous burning mechanism via ApeSwap’s upcoming burning vaults.

Options are as follows:

  1. Option 1: No Change
  2. Option 2: Use 10% of DEX fees in ApeSwap Burning Vaults

Proposal 9: Barbecue.Finance BUIDL Graduation

Barbecue.Finance will officially graduate from ApeSwap’s BUIDL program.

Tangibly, this means Barbecue.Finance would be eligible for:
- An official Listing on ApeSwap’s DEX
- Collaborative marketing and business development
- Reimbursement of an audit expense
- Continued mentorship and BUIDL network access

Options are as follows:

  1. Option 1: Graduate Barbecue.Finance from BUIDL
  2. Option 2: Do not Graduate Barbecue.Finance from BUIDL




ApeBond is a multichain DeFi Hub offering an accessible, transparent, and secure experience for everyone.